Welcome!
My goal is to make this blog the best place to go for female-oriented indie music from Japan!

All music featured is available on the Japanese iTunes store
Also check CDJapan for physical copies!

*please view in fullscreen*
Indie JPOP + Anisong <body>


🍙女性音楽🍙

[Nyanpasu!] This blog's goal is to spread anisong love and give lesser known JPOP acts exposure to international fans. The focus is on FEMALE artists and groups. This space is operated by a reincarnated apple in a human body.


Female J-Indie


Album Review: Ten to Sen wa Shinko Katachi
Posted on Tuesday, March 29, 2016 @ 3:49 PM | 0 comment(s)

Background:
First mini-album/EP of Novaurelia; the solo project of piano playing singer-songwriter Mizuhashi Ayaka. Released August 26th (2015).

Ringo's Thoughts:
Mizuhashi has a pretty unique voice that gives me vivd flashbacks of the vocalist of the band nano.ripe. Her voice is very nasally and high, but it's not really grating or annoying (at least not to me). Although her profile says that Novaurelia is a solo project and she's a piano player; all the tracks except the first (which is acoustic style) are accompanied by traditional band instruments. Actually now that I think about it, this EP's musical style overall reminds me strongly of nano.ripe. I'm not the biggest fan of that band (mostly because of the vocalist) but I suppose Novaurelia has a bit more of a whispery undertone to her unlike nano.ripe's singer. I'm not particularly hooked but I'll consider keeping a look out for any new releases.

Crossfade

Labels: , ,